Extraordinary Experiences at Scovill Zoo
Have you ever wanted to get up close to some of Scovill Zoos animals? Then consider these extraordinary experience for a special occasion, birthday gift, anniversary gift, or just to learn more about some of the animals at Scovill Zoo.
Scovill Zoo Penguin Tour
• Assist the keeper in prepping fish and feeding the penguins.
• Behind the scenes look in the penguin building mechanical room.
• Behind the scenes look at penguin indoor holding and nesting.
• Learn what the keeper has to do each day to clean the penguin build and exhibit.
• 30 minute tour
Tours offered Friday’s 9:30 to 10 a.m. (not during penguin molt – July/August or nesting season – April/May or Sept/Oct) times may vary (Saturday tours may be available upon request). Tour offered for one to six people, aged 8 and up, kids under 10 must be accompanied by an adult for every two kids.
Note: There will be no touching the birds unless instructed by the keeper. There is risk of being bit by penguins during feeding and while in their exhibit.
Scovill Zoo Red Panda Encounter (30 minute)
• This encounter will take you and up to three guests into the red panda exhibit.
• Guests will learn about Red Pandas in the wild.
• Guests will learn about Scovill Zoo’s Red Pandas.
• Guests will be given the opportunity to feed a red panda (cooperation not guaranteed)
Encounters offered Wednesdays 9:30 to 10 a.m. (other days or times will be scheduled separately upon availability), Encounters not offered during breeding season or if baby red pandas are on exhibit. Encounter is for 1 or 2 people.