Extraordinary Experiences at Scovill Zoo!
Have you ever wanted to get up close to some of Scovill Zoos animals? Then consider these extraordinary experience for a special occasion, birthday gift, anniversary gift, or just to learn more about some of the animals at Scovill Zoo.
Scovill Zoo Penguin Tour (30 minutes)
• Assist the keeper in prepping fish and feeding the penguins.
• Behind-the-scenes look in the penguin building mechanical room, indoor holding area, and nesting area.
• Learn about the keepers’ jobs each day to clean the penguin exhibit.
Tours are offered Fridays from 9:30 to 10 a.m. (not during penguin molt – July/August or nesting season – April/May or Sept/Oct). Times may vary (Saturday tours may be available upon request). Tour is offered for one to six people, aged 8 and up. Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult for every two kids preferred).
Note: For your safety, birds may not be touched unless instructed by the keeper. Penguins can bite!
Scovill Zoo Red Panda Encounter (30 minutes)
• This encounter is offered for up to 4 individuals.
• Guests will learn about red pandas in the wild and at Scovill Zoo.
• Guests will be given the opportunity to feed a red panda, although cooperation is not guaranteed!
Encounters are offered Wednesdays 9:30 to 10 a.m. Other days or times will be scheduled separately upon availability. Encounters are not offered during breeding season or if baby red pandas are on exhibit.
Please call 217/421-7435 for more information or to reserve your Scovill Zoo experience.
Zoo Snooze – Group Camp Out
Gather your group for an amazing overnight with the animals at Scovill Zoo! Your outing will include an evening animal presentation, tour, bonfire, marshmallow roast, and early wake-up tour. Scout groups can complete crafts or badge projects for an additional fee. One adult (aged 18+) may participate free per every 5 students. Maximum of 25 participants.
Fee: $30 per person (minimum of 10 paying participants)
Family Camp Outs
These fun camp outs include dinner around the campfire, an evening tour, animal encounters, train ride and light breakfast. Bring your tent and sleeping bag. Cost is $30/person or $120/family (up to 6). Limit 40 campers!