The list below offers ways to support wildlife put together by Scovill Zoo.
- Become a member of Scovill Zoo or give a Family membership as a gift: $80 for a family and $40 for an individual (Membership rates go up to $85 and $42 in 2020).
- Adopt a Scovill Zoo animal in honor of a loved one. The adoption is good for a year with donations ranging between $10 and $75.
- Donate items for the zoo animals. Check out our list of items compiled by the Scovill Zoo Keepers.
- Support Association of Zoos and Aquariums partners such as: Zebra Pen, Gorilla Socks, and AZA SAFE Wine. They make great gifts. Portions of the proceeds benefit saving animals in the wild.
- Support your local animal shelters and wildlife rehab centers such as the Macon County Animal Shelter, The Raptor Center, The University of Illinois Wildlife clinic, etc.
- Make a donation in your loved ones’ name to a favorite animal welfare group such as AZA SAFE (Association of Zoos and Aquariums – Saving Animals From Extinction), The Wildlife Conservation Society, etc. Please research the organization to see what percentage of the funds are used in their mission to save animals in the wild.
- The following link is to Amazon Scovill Zoo wish lists, “For the Animals” and “For the Keepers”: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1P7TTX2LQ9DA6?ref_=wl_share